Airtec Front Mount Intercooler 1.8 2.0 TSI SciroccoCategory: Air Intakes, Filters and Intercoolers Product Code:
Airtec Intercooler upgrade for the 2.0 TSI – Rolling Road Tested
The clever bods @ Volkswagen / Audi have used the same Engine which includes the same intercooler, across their 2.0 Petrol TFSI platform. They have used a front mount intercooler design as standard. This intercooler is adequate for cooling non modified vehicles, but as our tests have proven, once even a basic remapping of the Ecu (stg1 remap) had been carried out, the intake temperatures had risen to very high levels, which in turn leads to power loss. By fitting a bigger more efficient Airtec Intercooler the intake temperatures are kept constantly cooler, keeping your engine safe and your power to the maximum!
Our Airtec Intercooler Fits the following.
Audi A3 1.8 & 2.0 TFSI
Audi A3 1.8 & 2.0 TSI
Audi S3 2.0 TFSI (Has smaller core than AIRTEC and restrictive pipes)
Audi S3 2.0 TSI
Audi TT 1.8 2.0 TFSI
Audi TT 1.8 2.0 TSI
Audi TTS TFSI
Seat Leon FR 2.0 TFSI
Seat Leon Cupra 2.0 TFSI (240PS)
Seat Leon Cupra K1 2.0 TFSI (240PS)
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TFSI
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 TFSI
VW Golf MK5 GTi Edition 30 2.0 TFSI
VW Golf MK6 GTi 2.0 TSI
VW Golf R MK6 2.0 TSI
VW Scirocco 2.0 TFSI
VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI
VW Scirocco 2.0 R
Tested @ Devil Developments rolling road – Testing carried out on Golf Mk5 GTI 2.0 TFSi 200ps. Data collected was intake temperatures before & after intercooler & bhp increases
Standard Intercooler & Stock Ecu Map – Intake temperature of 34 degrees @ 205.3bhp ‘this is completely acceptable and not bad for a stock car.’
Standard Intercooler & Devil Stage 1 Ecu Remap – Intake Temperature of 49 degrees! @ 237.1bhp ’49 degrees is the absolute limit before Ecu starts retarding timing to keep the engine safe, which means you will start to lose power.'
Airtec 2.0 TFSI Intercooler upgrade & Devil Stage 1 Ecu Remap – Intake Temperature of 31 degrees @ 249.5bhp ‘ Temp drop of 18 degrees & 12.8bhp Gain, compared to standard VAG Intercooler!'
‘The Airtec Intercooler makes the charged air (intake temps) cooler so you gain horse power, it’s really that simple!’
The Airtec Intercooler will really come into its own when used on more modified vehicles. Even bigger BHP gains could be seen on serious spec cars which include full exhaust, turbo upgrades etc. These modifications put serious strain on the cooling ability of the stock intercooler, and you could be losing in excess of 30+ bhp just by keeping your standard intercooler fitted.
- Lower Intake temperatures & Gain BHP!
- Reduced Boost Pressure Drop
- Full Aluminium design
- 50mm bar & plate performance Intercooler core
- 2 x Larger than standard Diameter silicon Boost hoses, in a choice of colours
- 1x cnc machined boost pipe joiner
- Moulded end tanks instead of Restrictive Plastic pressed end tanks ‘these can leak’ (S3 Has alloy end tanks, but smaller diameter pipes and smaller core thickness than Airtec Intercooler)
- Full comprehensive step by step fitting Instructions
- Fits as stock item, end tanks have hangers for both the radiator & the Air-con radiator to secure onto
- No extra Pipe work or additional parts required and more Importantly, no cutting to bumper!
- Pressure tested to over 5 bar
- No additional turbo lag will be experienced, due to our flowing end tank design
- Available in Natural Silver or Pro-Series Satin Black
Fittings & Instructions
Comes complete with everything you need to complete installation, including step by step instructions, all is required is a good Mechanical knowledge and a good tool kit!
SEEN THIS PRODUCT CHEAPER?
If you have seen any product elsewhere cheaper than our advertised price,
please drop us a line and we will try our best to match or even beat it!