We have an in depth understanding of the various E.C.U's, controllers and electrical systems through out the range of V.A.G vehicles, right up to the current model.
Do you have a light on your dash and your not sure what it means? Usually a permanently on light is to indicate a fault with one of the numerous control systems your car has.
We are able to carry out numerous diagnostic tasks, which can include and are not limited to:
- Engine E.C.U diagnostic check - often needed when your engine management / emissions light is on.
- A.B.S diagnostics - often needed when the A.B.S light is on.
- Air bag system check - often needed when the Airbag light stays on
- Central locking/comfort systems diagnostics, recoding etc.
- Air conditioning diagnostics.
- Recoding and matching of new electrical components.
The above list is just a small selection of examples to highlight our diagnostic service.
Basic diagnostics start at £35.00 Inc vat, this covers our 'plug in' check, road test and advice on repairs. We can issue you with a relevant quote for any repairs and a print out if required detailing any found faults. Please note this type of check is our simple plug in check, for cars that do not run or have more serious faults our in depth diagnostic option is applied.
What does our basic 'plug in' check include?
- Initial investigatrion as to why lights are on the dash
- Resetting of lights, fault codes, service indicators, etc
- Some recoding using vag com
- 20 minutes labour
- Print out of any faults found with advice on repairs and costings where possible
We are also able to carry out more in depth diagnostic tasks, for faults that require more than just a quick 'plug in', in some cases this will require the vehicle to be left with us, especially if the fault is intermittent. This service starts at £60 per hour inc vat. This is aimed at non runners, and vehicles with more difficult faults to diagnose.
Please email or call 01543 495700 for further info.
Midland VW are now equipped with the latest Smoke PRO machine, this clever device fills the inlet system with smoke and highlights any leaking pipes, boost hoses, inter coolers etc etc. It's simple yet brilliant design makes easy work of what can otherwise be a bit of a nightmare, detecting leaks and so on within your vehicles inlet system. Inlet leaks on your vehicle will cause a variation of issues, not to mention excessive smoke on Turbo cars, decreased fuel economy to name but a few. get in touch